If your home is equipped with any of the following elevators, you qualify for our free Space Guard Program:
Model information appears on the installation manual which should be permanently retained with your home elevator. Only thyssenkrupp Access elevators installed with a hoistway may qualify for our free Space Guard program. If you believe you have a thyssenkrupp Access elevator installed with a hoistway that is not on the above list, please contact us at 1-800-285-9862 (Toll-Free).
thyssenkrupp Access encourages you to contact us to arrange for a contractor to measure the Gap Spaces on your elevator and then install Space Guards, if warranted. However, if you cannot contact us and/or wish to make your own repairs, please follow the instructions, available here, for measuring the gap between the hoistway door and the elevator car door/gate on each floor served by the elevator.
Please Note: Only thyssenkrupp Access elevators installed with a hoistway may qualify for our free Space Guard program.
- Elevators installed with more than four (4) inches of “Gap Space” between the hoistway doors and elevator car doors can pose a risk of serious injury or death to children.
- If your home elevator has excessive Gap Spaces, take steps to block children from accessing it until you are able to arrange for installation of Space Guards or other measures to reduce the Gap Space.
- Please click here for more information about the steps that you need to take to reduce the Gap Space.
- Take steps to protect children even if children do not live in your home. Children have been seriously injured or killed in vacation rentals or while visiting grandparents’ homes equipped with an elevator.
- Never let a child ride in an elevator without an adult, and do not let children play on or around an elevator.